Sunday, December 2, 2012

Oops I did it again...


So, let’s be realistic. Once in awhile no matter how great a weight watcher you are, you will fall off the wagon. Like weight loss in general, bingeing or whatever you want to call it is triggered by different things. For me it’s always the same. I love sweets. Any kind of sweets really. I love ice cream, cookies, cupcakes, chocolate, candy, even muffins will do it for me. 

I have discovered this time around that the best way to keep me “on the wagon” is to not have them in my house. I am fortunate to be in complete control of my environment because I live alone and mostly only cook for myself.

I know I’m supposed to be learning how to gain self control and all that, but what if there are things I just can’t have around? If there are no sweets in the house and I get a craving, I might have a piece of fruit, but I am too lazy to go to the store or bake something. I guess I should be thankful for that.

What do you do about your trigger foods? Have you developed the discipline to have them around and not eat too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment