Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Checking back into fat camp


I have been doing Weight Watchers online for about six months now. I love all the online tools and access that the online program gives me, but I do miss some things about going to meetings. I lost about 40 pounds when I was in college and did it by going to meetings (technically that was before any “online” option, but we don’t need to talk about that…). I feel like I am in an extended plateau. I am technically losing, it’s just very VERY slowly. I think I would like the additional support of going to meetings. So I am going to my first meeting in a VERY long time tomorrow morning.

I have a little bit of unnecessary anxiety about this. You see, I have joined and quit weight watchers about 50 times since my first successful journey in college. Each time I lost about five pounds and quit. I know my lack of success had nothing to do with the meetings themselves, but I still have that association of meetings with weight loss failure. As I have said before, this time the journey is different. Maybe I’m older and more mature, maybe my life circumstances have made it easier this time. 

Whatever it is, I know I can do it this time. I am not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment