Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Come To Jesus

So, I guess now that the Holidays are over I shouldn't be eating like it's still the Holidays right? Yeah, I haven't quite gotten that message yet.

This year I'm going to try something a little different in my weight loss/get healthy quest. I have had some success with Weight Watchers over the years and I think it's a fantastic program, but I think I need a change.  I've decided to try My Fitness Pal. As far as I can see it's basically the same premise as WW, just done a bit differently. I have been following their guidelines for a few days now and done the calories/Points Plus conversion and, not surprisingly, it's about the same.

The upside to counting calories is that I don't have to do the math. Back in the day (way too many years ago) when I first started WW, I could figure out pretty easily how many points were in something by looking at all the numbers. With the new Points Plus I can't do that anymore. It is way too complicated and counting calories seems to be much simpler right now.

So, in the interest of "New Year-New You" (I don't like the idea of resolutions - they don't last), I'm recommitting myself to the program and getting back on the wagon.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment